[Openstack-operators] [app-catalog] App Catalog IRC meeting minutes - 7/30/2015

Christopher Aedo doc at aedo.net
Fri Jul 31 18:12:59 UTC 2015

This week we had a great meeting, and have had a lot of good
conversations flowing on the IRC channel.  We're solidifying the next
steps on our roadmap, and Kevin Fox has made great progress on
creating a Horizon panel to allow users to browse the catalog from
Horizon as well as provide a one-click fetch of assets.

One other major change we are discussing is incorporating the voting
and feedback used in ask.openstack.org in order to provide users of
the App Catalog a way to upvote their favorite assets (and downvote
problematic ones), and add comments around any specific asset.

As always, please join us on IRC (#openstack-app-catalog) or speak up
on the mailing list if there are things you would like to see, or
additions that would help improve the App Catalog!

=================================
#openstack-meeting-3: app-catalog
=================================

Meeting started by docaedo at 17:00:33 UTC.  The full logs are available
at
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/app_catalog/2015/app_catalog.2015-07-30-17.00.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------
* rollcall  (docaedo, 17:00:52)
* Status updates (docaedo)  (docaedo, 17:03:33)
  * LINK: https://review.openstack.org/194875  (docaedo, 17:03:51)
  * LINK: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/207253/  (docaedo, 17:04:48)
  * LINK: https://youtu.be/9TlPhmml-T8 :)  (kfox1111, 17:07:26)
* All about the roadmap  (docaedo, 17:15:01)
  * LINK:
    http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-July/070423.html
    (docaedo, 17:16:53)
  * LINK: https://github.com/kfox1111/apps-catalog-ui/  (kfox1111,
    17:21:20)
  * LINK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disqus yep, these guys
    (kzaitsev_mb, 17:30:37)
  * ACTION: discuss/consider using ask.openstack.org code for
    voting/comments  (docaedo, 17:39:29)
* App Catalog Horizon Plugin Update (kfox1111)  (docaedo, 17:44:00)
  * LINK: https://youtu.be/9TlPhmml-T8  (kfox1111, 17:45:56)
  * LINK: https://github.com/kfox1111/apps-catalog-ui/  (kfox1111,
    17:46:10)
  * LINK: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/206773/  (kzaitsev_mb,
    17:46:12)
* Other Horizon Plugins (kfox1111)  (docaedo, 17:55:33)

Meeting ended at 18:01:16 UTC.

Action items, by person
-----------------------
* openstack
  * discuss/consider using ask.openstack.org code for voting/comments

People present (lines said)
* kfox1111 (91)
* docaedo (72)
* j^2 (26)