[Openstack-operators] [all] OpenStack voting by the numbers

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu Jul 30 19:22:43 UTC 2015

On 07/29/2015 09:27 AM, Maish Saidel-Keesing wrote:
> Some of my thoughts on the Voting process.

Excellent conversation starter, Maish. One piece that attracted my
attention on your post is:

    Community and How to Contribute. Way down there in at the bottom.
    Is that because people already know how to do it? Because people
    have given up on trying?

My gut answer to the question 'why so few' is because there is nothing
to sell in that area. Except maybe for companies that want to be
identified as 'thought leaders', there is no strong incentive to present
in that area.

Consider also that there is a separate track called 'Community' that IMO
overlaps with 'How to contribute': summing these two submissions you get
78 proposals, on par with 'Apps' and 'Related OSS Projects'.

In any case, 36 proposals for 'How to contribute' and 5 or 6 spots
usually requires making plenty tough choices for track chairs, too :)

/stef