[Openstack-operators] Which Puppet Modules To Use?

Richard Raseley richard at raseley.com
Wed Jul 29 20:01:31 UTC 2015

On 07/29/2015 06:01 AM, Eren Türkay wrote:
> There are a number of puppet modules for deploying OpenStack. So far, I've seen
> modules in puppetlabs, stackforge, and mirantis. Which one do you guys use and
> suggest? I know that every module is merged into "big tent" [0] but still, I'm
> curious as modules outside of the big tent seem to be developed as well.
Here at Puppet, we make use of the modules in the official OpenStack
Puppet Modules[0] project (formerly part of StackForge). As I understand
it Fuel is aligning towards using these as well. The ones under the
'puppetlabs' name are either deprecated or are intended to function as a
working example of a composition layer (the Puppet code you write to
'glue' the other modules together).

Regards,

Richard Raseley

Systems Operations Engineer @ Puppet Labs