[Openstack-operators] [os-ansible-deployment][openstack-ansible] Ceph / OpenStack Integration

Matt Thompson wateringcan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 16:07:32 UTC 2015

Hi All,

We've got an open blueprint [1] on the os-ansible-deployment project to add
the ability to configure Cinder / Glance / Nova to use an existing Ceph
storage backend.  The implementation [2] is in flight and has seen some
thorough reviews already, but we welcome anyone with Ceph / OpenStack
experience to have a look and to let us know if there is anything that can
be improved upon.

For those without Ceph experience, we'd also appreciate help with the
testing of the different components to identify any edge cases.  While we
currently do not include playbooks to deploy a Ceph storage cluster in
os-ansible-deployment itself, we've been using Sebastien's roles [3] which
have been working well and are relatively painless to get going.

If you've got any questions on getting the review [2] tested or getting a
Ceph storage cluster set up for testing purposes, please swing by
#openstack-ansible on Freenode and let us know.  We've got core members in
different timezones, so there's usually someone around to answer questions.

Lastly, thanks to Serge (svg) for all the work he's put into the
implementation [2] -- we hope to get this merged soon!  :)

Thanks,
Matt (mattt)

[1]
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-ansible/+spec/ceph-block-devices