[Openstack-operators] [Neutron] [Large Deployments Team] Discussion around routed networks

Mike Dorman mdorman at godaddy.com
Mon Jul 27 14:50:59 UTC 2015

I wanted to bring this to the attention of anybody who may have missed it
on openstack-dev.  Particularly the LDT team folks who have been talking
about the routed networks/disparate L2 domains stuff [1] [2].

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-July/thread.html#70
028

This is a discussion stemming from Carl’s segmented, routed networks spec
[3].  I think the “ask” from operators has been somewhat well represented,
but if others could review and chime in as appropriate, I think that could
be useful.

Also somewhat related is this patch [4] for better scheduling DHCP agents
on the appropriate L2 segment.  Might be worth a +1 if it would be useful
to you as an operator.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1458890
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Network_Segmentation_Usecases
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/196812/