[Openstack-operators] Stack with external vlan and intranet vlan

Antonio Messina antonio.s.messina at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 10:48:31 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 12:38 PM, Ignazio Cassano
<ignaziocassano at gmail.com> wrote:
> You are very kind, thank you.
> I have only anothe doubt.
> When in a normal scenario you create the external net, you also create an
> openvswtch bridge (br-ex) on the network node and add the nic   interface
> you have configuret for internet access.
> In our scenario we must have another interface in the intranet network :
> must we create a bridge and add the intranet interface?
> Must we modify any neutron configuration file to expose the new bridge ?

The standard configuration for vlan network applies. The setup I've
describe does not use an external router, so you will not pass through
the network node and will not use br-ex bridge.

I'm using ml2 with openvswitch, so the relevant options for ml2_conf.ini are:

[ml2]
type_drivers = gre,vlan,vxlan
mechanism_drivers = openvswitch

[ml2_type_vlan]
network_vlan_ranges = vlannet:1:4000

[ovs]
bridge_mappings = vlannet:br-vlan

br-vlan is an openvswitch bridge created on the compute node with:

ovs-vsctl -- --may-exist add-br br-vlan
ovs-vsctl -- --may-exist add-port br-vlan bond0

in my case, bond0 is an interface on the compute node in "trunk", so
that packets are received with the vlan tag on the node.

.a.

antonio.s.messina at gmail.com
antonio.messina at uzh.ch                     +41 (0)44 635 42 22
S3IT: Service and Support for Science IT   http://www.s3it.uzh.ch/