[Openstack-operators] Kilo virtual machine stop to aquire dhcp address :-(

Ignazio Cassano ignaziocassano at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 15:52:30 UTC 2015

Hi Salvatore, thank you for your answer
When dhcp does not release an ip address the virtual machines cannot ping
the gateway also if you assign them
a static address.

I deleted  all subnets and I created only one subnet : now the
virtualmachines installed from the standard cirros image do not aquire ip
address but if you assign them the ip address displayed on the dashboard
they can ping the gateway.
Then, if I reboot one virtualmachine , it aquires the ip address, hostname
and the mtu from dhcp. It is a very strange behaviour.

A question (I do not know openvswitch):
I saw openvswitch creates several ports either on network node or computer
node.
Some of these ports have a tag number (vlan ?).
Must the port assigned to the gateway and the dhcp server for a subnet have
the same tag number of the port assigned to a virtualmachine in the same
subnet ?
Regards