[Openstack-operators] seperate subnet for VMs in with nova network

pra devOPS siv.devops at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 21:59:06 UTC 2015

All:

I wanted to do the below using openstack (Icehouse). with the following
network connections on CenOS

I have two   NICs  on the machine and mine will be all in one installation.

one NIC (say NIC1) on my lab vLAN 192.168.5.x  and second NIC not
configured on anything.

Now I wanted to have Openstack Installed on NIC1.

Assign an IP to second interface  like (172.168.2.5)

And give that range in nova-network say like

 nova network-create demo-net --bridge br100 --multi-host T
--fixed-range-v4 172.168.2.0/24

, Assign gateway as 172.168.2.1 ( I assume that openstack will create a
interface with that br100 with ip 172.168.2.1)

configure nova.conf like below:

 openstack-config --set /etc/nova/nova.conf DEFAULT   flat_network_bridge
br100
 openstack-config --set /etc/nova/nova.conf DEFAULT   flat_interface NIC2
 openstack-config --set /etc/nova/nova.conf DEFAULT   public_interface NIC2

Now my questions are :

Will i be able to create something like that?

I am able to do ssh and connect using private IPs as well, But my private
IP is not talking to outside world.

Can some body suggest? What is that I am doing wrong ?

Thanks
Dev