[Openstack-operators] [nfv][telco] On-going management of telcowg-usecases repository

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Wed Jul 8 20:19:11 UTC 2015

Hi all,

There are a couple of lingering issues with the on-going management of the telcowg-usecases [1] repository that I would like to give visibility to and ultimately resolve one way or another:

1) Presence in the Stackforge namespace

There is currently a proposal to retire stackforge [2] and while it's not clear this will be accepted (and even if it is there is likely to be quite a generous timeline before retirement) it did remind me that we primarily created the repository on stackforge because we fell into the group Thierry characterizes in the comments as:

    "Things that just wanted a place to live and don't have enough energy to propose it to TC"

As such I'm asking if members of the working group would be for/against a proposal to move telcowg-usecases into the OpenStack namespace.

2) Core review group

The current core review group, as created for the purposes of bootstrapping things, is:

- Anthony Veiga
- Marc Koderer
- Steve Gordon (me)

I think we could bare to add 1-2 people from within the working group to the core group outright even though the number of patch sets and reviews for that matter to handle is relatively minor [4]. I would like to nominate Daniel Schabarum and Yuriy Babenko at this point. Again I am asking though if members of the working group are for/against this.

Thanks,

Steve

[1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/stackforge/telcowg-usecases/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/192016/