[Openstack-operators] [puppet] OpenStack Puppet Modules Usage Questions

Richard Raseley richard at raseley.com
Wed Jul 1 20:23:25 UTC 2015

Matt Fischer wrote:
> We've been discussing this for 3 months now, so my vote is "soon". Can
> we make the Puppet Labs ML have an auto-responder that redirects people?

Yes we can. I propose the following:

1) Put up an auto-responder ASAP with the following text:

---

Thank you for your message to the puppet-openstack mailing list. As part
of our move under the OpenStack 'big tent'[0] we have transitioned to
use of the official OpenStack mailing lists[1]. Please resend your
message with the following considerations:

1) If your question or comment is related to the development, structure,
or processes surrounding the OpenStack Puppet Modules, please send it to
'openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org' with the tag '[puppet]' as the first
component of the subject.

2) if your question or comment is related to the operational application
or usage of the OpenStack Puppet Modules, please send it to
'openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org' with the tag '[puppet]' as the
first component of the subject.

Please note that in order to successfully post a message to one of the
lists above, you must first subscribe to it. To do this, please follow
the instructions found on the OpenStack wiki[1].

If you have any questions or concerns, please drop by our
#puppet-openstack channel on Freenode IRC.

[0] - http://ttx.re/the-way-forward.html
[1] - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists

---

2) Configure the setting to prevent outside emails to the list. The list
will remain public to serve as an historical archive.

Regards,

Richard