[Openstack-operators] EC2 API - users wanted

Alexandre Levine alexandrelevine at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 12:54:23 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I wanted to remind everybody that the existing nova's EC2 API was
deprecated in Kilo and the replacement-to-be (stackforge/ec2-api) stays
virtually untouched by customers. It means that without real beta and
production testing it's not going to get accepted into OpenStack. Since
nova's EC2 API being deprecated doesn't get any good support, let alone
development, at some point situation might become even more pitiful than
it was before the Kilo release, when nova's EC2 API had some critical
bugs and there was a risk to loose support of this protocol in OpenStack
altogether.

I'd like to urge everybody on the op's side to start using or testing
the replacement EC2 API project. The Kilo-compatible release can be
found here:

https://github.com/stackforge/ec2-api/tree/0.1.0/ec2api

We'll be more than glad to help with any usage or testing effort and fix
whatever issues arise ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
   Alex Levine