[Openstack-operators] Deprecation of in tree EC2 API in Nova for Kilo release

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Thu Jan 29 23:55:06 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 1:59 AM, Belmiro Moreira <
moreira.belmiro.email.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I completely agree with Tim and Daniel.
> Also, deprecating nova EC2 API without having the community engaged with
> the new stackforge “EC2 standalone service” can lead to a no EC2 support at
> all.

Deprecation is not removal though. What we're trying to signal here is that
we think the stackforge project is the way forward in the future. The Nova
EC2 implementation wont be removed until it is demonstrated that it
presents a viable alternative. The purpose of the initial email was to
encourage people to take a look at the stackforge implementation (which it
has achieved), as well as ensuring we are honest with our users about the
quality of the implementation in the Nova code base.

Cheers,
Michael

Rackspace Australia