[Openstack-operators] metadata-api 500 errors

Edgar Magana edgar.magana at workday.com
Thu Jan 15 17:12:44 UTC 2015

Did you change the security groups?
I will try to compare the iptables configuration for each name space

Edgar

From: Alex Leonhardt <aleonhardt.py at gmail.com<mailto:aleonhardt.py at gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 9:03 AM
To: Edgar Magana <edgar.magana at workday.com<mailto:edgar.magana at workday.com>>, openstack-operators <openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [Openstack-operators] metadata-api 500 errors

Hi Edgar,

that's the crazy thing - so all the gre tunnels are up, I can see them in openvswitch and also can see that there are some openflow rules applied. I've craeted VMs on every hypervisor (including the controller, as it's a test install) on network1 (192.168.1.0), every VM (and that is still the case now) started there works just fine and gets the metadata as expected, the same for network2 (192.168.2.0).

the issue only appeared after I created network3 (192.168.3.0), VMs there (tried again all 3 hypervisors) get a 500 errror instead of the expected metadata files/json. The same for any / all other networks I created after (network4 and 5).

On the VM all I can see is this:

2015-01-15 17:02:57,310 - url_helper.py[WARNING]: Calling 'http://169.254.169.254/2009-04-04/meta-data/instance-id' failed [0/120s]: bad status code [500]
2015-01-15 17:02:58,509 - url_helper.py[WARNING]: Calling 'http://169.254.169.254/2009-04-04/meta-data/instance-id' failed [1/120s]: bad status code [500]

Alex