[Openstack-operators] New services disable reason

Michael Dorman mdorman at godaddy.com
Thu Jan 15 16:26:26 UTC 2015

+1 as well, for the same reasons.  I also added by +1 to the review.  Thanks!

From: Alex Leonhardt <aleonhardt.py at gmail.com<mailto:aleonhardt.py at gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 1:02 AM
To: Belmiro Moreira <moreira.belmiro.email.lists at gmail.com<mailto:moreira.belmiro.email.lists at gmail.com>>, OpenStack Operators <openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [Openstack-operators] New services disable reason

Our install is still quite small and we take the risk of hitting that compute node whilst the service is starting,  but we haven't actually encountered that yet (probably a user base size issue) ...

IMHO, having a reason why stuff is disabled avoids hours of confusion and trying to find the person who 'did it'.

In terms of keeping track, I'd have thought that the dashboard admin panel can show you service states and I'd expect a disabled service to say 'disabled', but again we don't even use this feature at the moment.

+1 from me :)

Alex