[Openstack-operators] Handling VM launch constraints from flavor/extra-specs and image properties

Bhandaru, Malini K malini.k.bhandaru at intel.com
Tue Jan 13 06:41:36 UTC 2015

Hello OpenStack Operators!

Traditionally flavors are defined with additional properties specified on the extra specs. Our understanding is that there will typically be a few of these are billing denominations.

Image providers often time have hints, and sometime constraints on how to deploy the image, perhaps to optimize performance and in other cases meet some regulatory requirements.

When the flavor does not mention a property but an image does, how should it be resolved?
When both flavor and image specify a property, the flavor would take precedence.

We have a Nova blueprint that is a little stuck without your valued input.  Please weigh in.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/138937/

Regards
Malini