[Openstack-operators] (no subject)

David Moreau Simard dmsimard at iweb.com
Mon Jan 12 12:32:24 UTC 2015

For monitoring, there seems to be a lot of buzz/interest about the new Monasca project (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Monasca) but you're probably going to get as many different solutions are there are products.
You can have a look at the etherpad from the Paris Ops summit session on monitoring to give you an idea: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo-summit-ops-monitoring

We've found Shinken to be able to scale pretty well and cope without too much problems to the thousands of services we're throwing at it. We use Graphite for data collection and Grafana for data visualization.

For logging, the Openstack Infra team uses the ELK stack (Elastic search, Logstash, Kibana) for collecting/aggregating/visualizing/searching logs: http://ci.openstack.org/logstash.html

I'll let the other operators chime in on the security side of things.
--
David Moreau Simard