[Openstack-operators] Can you restrict a user or tenant to a Cinder volume type?

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Thu Jan 8 18:48:56 UTC 2015

You can set a quota for the different cinder types. However, they would still be listed on the horizon panel and with the CLIs.

There is a blueprint for private cinder types. At CERN, we do not wish to make public all of the different volume types we have since some are dedicated for particular projects. Details at https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/private-volume-types

Tim