[Openstack-operators] Small openstack

Antonio Messina antonio.s.messina at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 11:34:08 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 12:12 PM, gustavo panizzo (gfa) <gfa at zumbi.com.ar> wrote:

> On 01/08/2015 07:01 PM, Antonio Messina wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 11:53 AM, gustavo panizzo (gfa) <gfa at zumbi.com.ar>
>> wrote:
>

>>> i may be wrong as i haven't tested that on juno, but in icehouse and
>>> havana
>>> i've setup external/provider networks one for each tenant
>>

>> Ah, ok, this is the point. What I would like to have instead is
>>
>> 1) one big external network with routable, private IPs, to be used by
>> *any*
>>     tenant (where any tenant can plug ports)
>

> neutron net-create --shared should do the trick

I guess the problem is that I was creating *external* _and_ *shared*
network, but if I don't want to use floating IPs from that network I
probably don't need the network to be external, right?

>> 3) small external networks dedicated to a tenant
>

> neutron net-create --tenant-id XXXXX-XXXXXX
>

> i've made that mix (also add tenantn networks) in my lab running icehouse
> (2014.1.2) worked fine, i've upgraded it to juno but i haven't test that yet

Thank you, I will test it further.

> do you run more than one l3 agent? are you floating ips configured on br-ex?
> i think if you fix the policy.json on nova you should get it working

I currently have only 1 l3-agent running, but it's suboptimal. I would
like to have L3-HA for the floating IPs and DVR for the shared and
tenant networks, but as far as I know it's not currently supported. I
plan to deploy the production cloud after Kilo release, and crossing
my fingers...

Floating IPs are currently configured on br-ex.

.a.

antonio.s.messina at gmail.com
antonio.messina at uzh.ch                     +41 (0)44 635 42 22
S3IT: Service and Support for Science IT   http://www.s3it.uzh.ch/