[Openstack-operators] [Cinder] volume / host relation

Warren Wang warren at wangspeed.com
Wed Jan 7 15:13:02 UTC 2015

Your understanding is correct. I have the same problem as well. For now, my
plan is to just move cinder-volume to our more robust hosts, and run
database changes to modify the host, as needed.

I have noticed a growing trend to replace the host parameter with a
generic, but I agree that this presents other problems as well. This option
may be just as problematic as having to modify the database in the event of
a cinder-volume host outage. Probably worth having a discussion with the
Cinder dev community.

--
Warren

Warren