[Openstack-operators] Fostering OpenStack Users

Adam Lawson alawson at aqorn.com
Fri Jan 2 01:14:32 UTC 2015

I apologize for my candor but sounds an awful like political candidates
stating they understand what their constituents really want. We gotta avoid
making claims of fact that are pure personal opinion, especially if our
goal is market adoption of OpenStack and especially if we're deeply
entrenched in the OpenStack development process. New users can't tell the
difference, these dialogs get picked by search engines and perceived truth
is truth. Otherwise the risk is that the community competes against the
Foundation with a conflicting message.

Once a potential consumer hears/communicates there is no path forward,
decision makers will choose a product that DOES have a path forward. Plain
and simple.

But this again highlights OpenStack's desperate need for a working cloud
model that users can deploy with minimal headache. Even if it's just one of
many possible deployment options. Looking long term, the need for an easily
deployable cloud will only present itself for so long. Then the need
disappears .. and none of us wants to be in that position.

Mahalo,
Adam