[Openstack-operators] logging to syslog and log file with different levels

Masahito MUROI muroi.masahito at lab.ntt.co.jp
Fri Feb 27 06:25:09 UTC 2015

I'm not sure if Python can distribute logs both into file and syslog
based on its level but syslog has an ability to do it. So how about
using syslog as nova-compute logging and changing the output by the syslog?

We are using the solution to change actions by logging levels.

regard,
Masa

On 2015/02/27 6:31, Gustavo Randich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to configure nova-compute logging with INFO level in
> nova-compute.log and WARN level to syslog?
>
> I couldn't play with options in /etc/nova/logging.conf, because of the
> folowing problems:
>
> - folsom: when I use "log_config=/etc/nova/logging.conf", the following
> error is raised:
> No handlers could be found for logger "nova"
>
> - icehouse: when I use "log_config_append=/etc/nova/logging.conf", this
> error is raised:
> internal error: could not initialize domain event timer
>
> Thanks!

Masahito MUROI
Software Innovation Center, NTT
Tel: +81-422-59-4539,FAX: +81-422-59-2699