[Openstack-operators] demo environment ( embedded device openstack ) ?

Will Snow (wasnow) wasnow at cisco.com
Wed Feb 11 17:12:34 UTC 2015

So as to 10g, it’s not like I’m going to use them for production :)

I do miss LOM on the boxes tho – the dual interface would be nice, but I can work around that.
I have a covey (pod? Gaggle?) of 4 NUCs with 1 being the master to deploy the others. That master has 2 nics (built in 1g, wifi) so you can very easily connect your cloud to your network.

This allows my developers to test real multinode deploys of openstack repeatedly without the expense of 3 rack servers, and they can carry around the cloud to meetups or whereever they want to go.

There are a few tweaks to what we’re doing that are based on feedback from what we’ve built already. I use the NUCs as the price point is good, and Intel is down the street from me :)

Shameless plug: more details in our talk at the vancouver if it gets accepted.

--Will Snow
wasnow at cisco.com
Director, OpenStack Customer Engineering
Mobile: +1-650-544-5460