[Openstack-operators] Help in accessing VM's from outside network (Devstack Juno)

shiva m anjaneya2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 08:38:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have installed Devstack Juno on my ubuntu 14.04 VM.
I have only one NIC its in bridged mode. Its IP is 172.28.217.11.
I want to use same subnet IP's as my floating IP's so that I can access
Devstack VM's from outside network, like my host machine.

When I installed Devstack Juno it has pre-allocated with 172.24.4.0/24
subnet, I can create VM's and can assign 172.24.4.0/24 floating IPs and can
ping all these VM's from the host.

Afte adding

*sudo iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE*

I can access outside network from VM's, but I can't access VM's from
outside network as they are NATtted. I tried giving 172.28.217.0/24 as my
floating IP's but still VM's are not pingable

Can any one please share the localrc and help me to use my subnet
172.28.217.0/24 as my floating IP's so that I have outside connectivity.

Thanks,
Shiva