[Openstack-operators] Monitoring Discussions at the Mid-Cycle Meetup

Hochmuth, Roland M roland.hochmuth at hp.com
Tue Feb 3 19:33:04 UTC 2015

Hi Folks, A number of us involved with the Monasca, https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Monasca, and StackTach, https://launchpad.net/stacktach projects, were discussing the possibility of having more in-depth discussions around monitoring, Monasca and StackTach at the Operators Mid-Cycle Meetup. Discussions could cover a variety of topics ranging from discussing monitoring in more detail, such as requirements, as well as going in-depth about Monasca and StackTach. A demo and tutorial are also possibilities.

We think we have an excellent platform to build on and the eco-system has been growing. We would like to start engaging more directly with the operator community and take our projects to the next level. There are lot's of ways you can help us to understand what to monitor and what features to work on next and maybe even contribute to the projects. Additionally, we would like to raise general awareness around the work we are doing.

Would this be an area that folks are interested in covering at the meetup?

Regards --Roland