[Openstack-operators] Error migrating Neutron from Havana to IceHouse

Alvise Dorigo alvise.dorigo at pd.infn.it
Mon Feb 2 13:56:43 UTC 2015

Hi,
I've a Havana installation of OpenStack with Neutron.

I've tried the migration from Havana to IceHouse by following this guide:

http://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ops/content/upgrades_havana-icehouse-rhel.html

Keystone, Glance and Nova have migrated correctly (the services are
running and respond to command line's queries).

For neutron I got a problem at the very last step:

neutron-db-manage --config-file /etc/neutron/neutron.conf --config-file
/etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2_conf.ini upgrade icehouse
[...]
sqlalchemy.exc.ProgrammingError: (ProgrammingError) (1146, "Table
'neutron.ml2_port_bindings' doesn't exist") "ALTER TABLE
ml2_port_bindings ADD COLUMN vnic_type VARCHAR(64) DEFAULT 'normal' NOT
NULL" ()

Did I miss something which would have created that missing table ?
Can someone provide some help ?

thanks,

    Alvise