[Openstack-operators] Galera setup testing

Nick Jones nick.jones at datacentred.co.uk
Tue Dec 8 11:07:04 UTC 2015

> Neutron has protection against these now as of liberty with API level
> retry
> operations so this shouldn't be a problem for neutron any more.

Jay Pipes wrote an awesome post about the problem itself and a solution
earlier this year:
http://www.joinfu.com/2015/01/understanding-reservations-concurrency-locking-in-nova/

Saying that though, we’re running the same setup as others have
described - which is that we have a multi-writer mode Galera cluster
with haproxy in front ensuring that only one node is actually written to
- and it’s worked very well for us thus far.

—

-Nick

--
DataCentred Limited registered in England and Wales no. 05611763