[Openstack-operators] Galera setup testing

Matteo Panella matteo.panella at cnaf.infn.it
Mon Dec 7 23:01:08 UTC 2015

On 2015-12-07 22:45, James Dempsey wrote:
> +1 for designating one node as primary.  This helped us reduce some
> deadlocks that we were seeing when balancing sessions between DB hosts.

Keystone most likely won't be affected by writeset certification
failures,
but other services (especially Neutron) are going to be hit by one
sooner
or later.

Unfortunately, Galera doesn't take very kindly "SELECT ... FOR UPDATE",
so
you can't really do proper load balancing (aside from designating a
different node
as master in multiple listen stanzas, each one for a different set of
services).

Regards,
--
Matteo Panella