[Openstack-operators] Cinder V1 endpoints

Matt Kassawara mkassawara at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 01:21:00 UTC 2015

Updates for the Kilo version of the installation guide included adding
support for cinder v2. The initial approach involved disabling cinder v1,
but we quickly found out that broke certain things. However, having two
separate service entries and groups of endpoints didn't make sense because
other services seem to handle multiple versions without them. So, along
came experimentation. Turns out, the things that broke could use cinder v2
if the "volume" service used /v2 in the endpoints... to the best of our
testing abilities. I hoped cinder would adopt endpoints without a version
or some other way to reduce the catalog clutter in Liberty, but no such
luck and testing revealed some potential issues with the approach taken in
Kilo version of the installation guide. So, we reverted the cinder
configuration in the Liberty version of the installation guide [1] to use
/v1 in the endpoints for the "volume" service and /v2 in the endpoints for
the "volumev2" service. We'll evaluate this situation again for Mitaka.

[1]
http://docs.openstack.org/liberty/install-guide-ubuntu/cinder-controller-install.html#prerequisites