[Openstack-operators] Service Catalog TNG urls

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Thu Dec 3 17:46:10 UTC 2015

We use internal to be a private network between the controllers and the compute nodes that no one else has access to. Without that, we'd be stuck.

An OpenStack network that's where all the public services go, that isn't external to the cloud for billing purposes does make sense too though. Maybe all three should be clearly delineated. Maybe something like:

* Public - Available outside. may incur costs to access internally
* Internal - Available publicly by machines in the cloud. no cost is ever incurred from using them.
* Provider - Not exposed to normal users and intended for backend sorts of things.

Hopefully we can make it a strong enough convention that apps can rely on it between clouds.

Thanks,
Kevin