[Openstack-operators] [nova] [openstack-operators] Tools to move instances between projects?

Kris G. Lindgren klindgren at godaddy.com
Wed Dec 2 20:52:10 UTC 2015

Hello,

I was wondering if someone has a set of tools/code to work allow admins to move vm's from one tenant to another?  We get asked this fairly frequently in our internal cloud (atleast once a week, more when we start going through and cleaning up resources for people who are no longer with the company).   I have searched and I was able to find anything externally.

Matt Riedemann pointed me to an older spec for nova : https://review.openstack.org/#/c/105367/ for nova.  I realize that this will most likely need to be a cross projects effort.  Since vm's consume resources for multiple other projects, and to move a VM between projects would also require that those other resources get updated as well.

Is anyone aware of a cross project spec to handle this – or of specs in other projects?
Kris Lindgren
Senior Linux Systems Engineer
GoDaddy