[Openstack-operators] IP - availability monitoring

Balaji Narayanan (பாலாஜி நாராயணன்) lists at balajin.net
Sun Aug 23 03:24:15 UTC 2015

Hello Operators,

In the capacity management discussions at the Ops Summit last week, I
thought there was a some discussion on monitoring of fixed / floating
subnets and availability.

At Yahoo, we use nova-network and have an API extension available for
reporting how much ip subnets are configured on a cluster and how much
of them are used / remaining. We use this to trigger an alert /
augment additional subnets to the cluster.

If there is enough interest in this, we can look at pushing this upstrem.

Here is a blue print that vilobh wrote initially for this -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/94299/

-balaji

--
http://balajin.net/blog