[Openstack-operators] Improving quality of multi-region support

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Sat Aug 22 16:10:01 UTC 2015

Improving the QA test suite in multi-region would allow us to catch cases where a change has been made without considering the implications of multi-region support.

It would not however identify cases such as missing command line options. Given that the test suite identifies a set of operations with an expected result, if the scenario has been missed, it would not have a test case and therefore it would not be detected. Catching these is more of a code/spec review problem.

I'd suggest as a first step to do a quick analysis with the infra test team

- on what multi-region scenarios are tested in the gate currently
- what are the gaps with the current CLIs / APIs
- raise bugs where there are gaps
- what additional test cases need to be implemented to catch regressions

Tim