[Openstack-operators] [kilo-muktinode] [ceilometer]

gord chung gord at live.ca
Wed Aug 19 18:19:46 UTC 2015

what is the ceilometerclient version that is being used? are you using
keystoneV3?

one place to check is ceilometer-api.log. there may be a more
descriptive error there that is not being propagated to the client. you
should also verify that the credentials you're using actually has
permission to query what you want.

cheers,

On 17/08/2015 12:09 AM, Abhishek Talwar wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have a multinode kilo installation (with controller, compute,
> network node) and I am trying to install ceilometer on it
> (from*http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/apt/content/ch_ceilometer.html*).
> I have been following the openstack kilo installation guide. The
> installation seems to be fine but when I run the "ceilometer
> meter-list" command to verify if ceilometer is been properly installed
> I get “The service catalog is empty." as output.
>
> I looked for an answer on web and found that there are some issue of
> Ceilometer version 1.13(something) with V3 and it was suggested to
> upgrade python-ceilometerclient. *Used the command "pip install
> --upgrade python-ceilometerclient".*
>
> Now I am getting an error as : *('Connection Aborted.'
> ,error(111,'connection refused'))*
>
> Kindly suggest what should be done to rectify this issue.
>

> Thanks and Regards
>
> Abhishek Talwar

> and any attachments. Thank you

gord