[Openstack-operators] [hpc] Tuning KVM

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Wed Aug 5 19:22:33 UTC 2015

They are  workload specific so it is more a suggestion of where to look at optimising rather than a unique HTC profile for any application.  So, try them out with your workload and choose which ones make sense.

We'll be working with upstream so that the cloud consumer can choose the right options where possible for their workload. Clearly, some have impacts for the hypervisor too but it is good to find the right balance between consumers wanting maximum performance and providers wanting reasonable isolation and correct resource allocation.

Tim