[Openstack-operators] Draft Agenda for PAO Ops Meetup (August 18, 19)

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Mon Aug 3 10:48:05 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Registrations are going well for our meetup in Palo Alto. If you're on
the fence, hopefully this discussion will get you quickly over the line
so you don't miss out!

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/openstack-ops-mid-cycle-meetup-tickets-17703258924

So, I've taken our suggestions and attempted to wrangle them into
something that would fit in the space we have over 2 days.

As a reminder, we have two different kind of sessions - General
Sessions, which are discussions for the operator community aimed to
produce actions (eg best practices, feedback on badness), and**Working
groups**focus on specific topics aiming to make concrete progress on
tasks in that area.

As always, some stuff has been munged and mangled in an attempt to fit
it in. For example, we'd expect to talk about Kolla more generally in
the context of "Using Containers for Deployment", because there are some
other ways to do that too. Similarly, we'd expect the "ops project"
discussion to be rolled into the session on the user committee.

Anyway, take a look at the below and reply with your comments! Is
anything missing? Something look like a terrible idea? Want to
completely change the room layout? There's still a little bit of
flexibility at this stage.

Tuesday 	Med II 	Med III 	Salon A 	Salon B 	Bacchus
9:00 - 10:00 	Registration

10:00 - 10:30 	Introduction

10:30 - 11:15 	Burning Issues

11:15 - 11:55 	Hypervisor Tuning

11:55 - 12:05 	Breakout Explain

12:05 - 13:30 	Lunch

13:30 - 15:00 	Large Deployments Team 	Burning Issues 	Logging WG
Upgrades WG 	Ops Guide Fixing
15:00 - 15:30 	Coffee

15:30 - 16:00 	Breakout Reports

16:00 - 17:00 	Using Containers for Deployment

17:00 - 18:00 	Lightening Talks

Wednesday 	Med II 	Med III 	Salon A 	Salon B 	Bacchus
9:00 - 09:45 	CMDB: use cases

9:45 - 10:30 	Deployment Tips - read only slaves? admin-only API servers?

10:30 - 11:15 	What network model are you using? Are you happy?

11:15 - 11:30 	Coffee

11:30 - 12:15 	User Committee Discussion

12:15 - 12:20 	Breakout Explain

12:20 - 13:30 	Lunch

13:30 - 15:00 	Tools and Monitoring 	Product WG 	Packaging 	HPC Working
Group 	Ops Tags Team
15:00 - 15:30 	Coffee

15:30 - 16:00 	Breakout Reports

16:00 - 17:00 	Feedback Session, Tokyo Planning

There will be a followup email shortly regarding moderators for the
sessions - thanks to those who volunteered so far!

Regards,

Tom