[Openstack-operators] [neutron] multiple external networks on the same host NIC

Uwe Sauter uwe.sauter.de at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 20:17:35 UTC 2015

Or instead of using Linux bridges you could use a manually created OpenVSwitch bridge. This allows you to add "internal"
ports that could be used by Neutron like any other interface.

- Create OVS bridge
- Add your external interface to OVS bridge
  * If your external connection supports/needs VLANs, configure external interface as trunk
- Add any number of internal interfaces to OVS bridge
  * Tag each interface with its VLAN ID, if needed
- Configure Neutron to use one internal interface for each subnet you'd like to use (no VLAN configuration required as
this happenes outside of Neutron)

Regards,

	Uwe