[Openstack-operators] [neutron] multiple external networks on the same host NIC

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Sat Apr 25 19:13:57 UTC 2015

Is there a way to create multiple external networks from Neutron's point
of view, where both of those networks are accessed through the same host
NIC?  Obviously those networks would be using different subnets.  I need
this sort of thing because the two subnets are treated differently by the
stuff outside of OpenStack, so I need a way that a tenant can get a
floating IP of the sort he wants.  Since Neutron equates floating IP
allocation pools with external networks, I need two external networks.

I found, for example, http://www.marcoberube.com/archives/248 --- which
describes how to have multiple external networks but uses a distinct host
network interface for each one.

Thanks,
Mike