[Openstack-operators] OpenStack Kilo RC1 for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and Ubuntu 15.04.

James Page james.page at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 17 20:15:11 UTC 2015

Hi All

The Ubuntu OpenStack Engineering team is pleased to announce the
general availability of the first release candidate of the OpenStack
Kilo release in Ubuntu 15.04 development and for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS via
the Ubuntu Cloud Archive.

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- ----------------

You can enable the Ubuntu Cloud Archive for OpenStack Kilo on Ubuntu
14.04 installations by running the following commands:

  sudo add-apt-repository cloud-archive:kilo
  sudo apt-get update

The Ubuntu Cloud Archive for Kilo includes updates for Nova, Glance,
Keystone, Neutron, Cinder, Horizon, Ceilometer and Heat; Ceph
(0.94.1), RabbitMQ (3.4.2), QEMU (2.2), libvirt (1.2.12) and Open
vSwitch (2.3.1) back-ports from 15.04 development have also been provide
d.

You can checkout the full list of packages and versions at [0].

Note that for Swift we're still at version 2.2.2 - we're currently
reviewing whether to include 2.3.0 for general release, or whether to
defer that upgrade to next cycle.

Ubuntu 15.04 development
- ------------------------

No extra steps required; just start installing OpenStack!

New OpenStack components
- ------------------------

In addition to Trove, Sahara and Ironic we have now added Designate
and Manila to the Ubuntu 15.04 and to the Ubuntu Cloud Archive for
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

Neutron Driver Decomposition
- ----------------------------

As of Kilo RC1, Ubuntu are only tracking the decomposition of Neutron
FWaaS, LBaaS and VPNaaS from Neutron core in the Ubuntu archive; we
expect to add additional packages for other Neutron ML2 mechanism
drivers and plugins early during the Liberty/15.10 development cycle -
we'll provide these as backports to OpenStack Kilo users as and when
they become available.

OpenStack Kilo Release
- ----------------------

We have the slightly exciting situation this cycle in that OpenStack
Kilo releases a week after Ubuntu 15.04; The Ubuntu OpenStack
Engineering team will be working on a stable update for all OpenStack
projects as soon as OpenStack Kilo is released.  I'd anticipate that
these updates should be available around a week after the kilo release
date.

Reporting bugs
- --------------

Any issues please report bugs using the 'ubuntu-bug' tool:

  sudo ubuntu-bug nova-conductor

this will ensure that bugs get logged in the right place in Launchpad.

Thanks and have fun!

Cheers

James

[0]