[Openstack-operators] logging for Keystone on user/project delete/create operations

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Thu Apr 16 18:25:10 UTC 2015

> Standing up Ceilometer (and patching things) just to be able to log
> this stuff to a file seems rather... heavy handed? We understand that
> these things are emitted via notifications, but as of right now trying
> to do anything with those notifications such as simply logging them
> requires too much additional infrastructure.

agreed. it's really dependent on what your use case is... just pointing out an option to the statement: "hoping that there's a way to consume the notification events and then write them to a log". if you're just looking to track operations of a single keystone service, then you probably don't want notifications. if you're looking to collate them against various other things then you'll need some service/tool to either listen to notifications or grab/process logs from multiple places.

cheers,
gord