[Openstack-operators] logging for Keystone on user/project delete/create operations

Matt Fischer matt at mattfischer.com
Thu Apr 16 01:23:24 UTC 2015

I'd like to have some better logging when certain CRUD operations happen in
Keystone, for example, when a project is deleted. I specifically mean "any"
when I say better since right now I'm not seeing anything even when Verbose
is enabled.

This is pretty frustrating for me because these are rather important
events, certainly more important than my load balancers hitting Keystone
which it's happily logging twice a second.

I know that Keystone supports some audit event notifications [1]. Can I
simply have these reflect back into the main logs somehow?

[1] - http://docs.openstack.org/developer/keystone/event_notifications.html