[Openstack-operators] Draft Agenda for the Vancouver Ops Summit Sessions

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Mon Apr 13 09:32:41 UTC 2015

Hi,

Thank you very much to the sixty-odd people who contributed to the
planning etherpad.

I've taken that etherpad, Paris summit attendee feedback survey results,
PHL ops feedback etherpad and munged all that into a first-draft
schedule for Vancouver.

If you're new: note that this is in addition to the operations (and
other) conference track's presentations. It's aimed at giving us a
design-summit-style place to congregate, swap best practices, ideas and
give feedback.

As a reminder, we have two different kind of sessions - General Sessions
(Tuesday), which are interactive planning discussions for the operator
community, and**Working groups (Wednesday)**focus on specific topics
aiming to make concrete tasks in that area.

Below is the draft schedule. Please take a look and reply with your
thoughts! We need to get this ticked off fairly quickly, to ensure we
find moderators for the sessions and can get them advertised as soon as
possible.

_*General Sessions*_

Tuesday 	Big Room 1 	Big Room 2 	Big Room 3
11:15 - 11:55 	Ops Summit "101" / The Story So Far 	Federation -
Keystone & other - what do people need? 	RabbitMQ
12:05 - 12:45 	How do we fix logging? 	Architecture Show and Tell
Ceilometer - what needs fixing?
12:45 - 2:00

2:00 - 2:40 	Billing / show back / charge back - how do I do that?
	Architecture Show and Tell - Special Edition 	Cinder Feedback
2:50 - 3:30 	OnBoard & Integration of Legacy Apps 	User Committee
Session 	Hypervisor Tuning
3:40 - 4:20 	Security 	CI/CD and Deployment 	Database
4:20 - 4:40

4:40 - 5:20 	internal evangelism - convincing your C-level exec to back
OpenStack 	Operating multi-site OpenStack installations in practice
Nova Feedback (inc EC2 API)
5:30 - 6:10 	Customer onboarding and offboarding 	Containers - what do
you want? 	Neutron Feedback

_*Working Groups*_

Wednesday 	Room 1 	Room 2 	Room 3
9:00 - 9:40 	Telco 	Chef 	HPC Working Group
9:50 - 10:30 	Telco 	Puppet 	HPC Working Group
10:30 - 11:00

11:00 - 11:40 	Monitoring & Tools Working Group 	Ansible 	Ops Tags
Working Group
11:50 - 12:30 	Monitoring & Tools Working Group 	Ceph 	Ops Tags Working
Group
12:30 - 1:50

1:50 - 2:30 	Large Deployments Team 	Burning Issues 	Tech Choices (eg is
MongoDB OK?)
2:40 - 3:20 	Large Deployments Team 	Burning Issues 	CMDB
3:30 - 4:10 	Large Deployments Team 	Docs 	Data-Plane technology
transitions.
4:10 - 4:30

4:30 - 5:10 	Upgrades 	Packaging 	nova-network
5:20 - 6:00 	Upgrades 	Packaging 	nova-network

Regards,

Tom