[Openstack-operators] Dynamic Policy for Access Control

Marc Heckmann marc.heckmann at ubisoft.com
Tue Apr 7 15:36:27 UTC 2015

My apologies for not seeing this sooner as the topic is of great
interest. My comments below inline..

On Mon, 2015-02-23 at 16:41 +0000, Tim Bell wrote:
> [...]

I agree with everything in that post.

I would add the following comments:

1. I doubt this will change, but to be clear, we cannot lose the ability
to create custom roles and limit the capabilities of the standard roles.
For example, if I wanted to limit the ability to make images public or
limit the ability to associate a floating IP.

2. This work should not be done in vacuum. Ideally, Horizon support for
assigning roles to users and editing policy should be released at the
same time or not long after. I realize that this is easier said than
done, but it will be important in order for the feature to get used.