[Openstack-operators] [keystone] performance issues getting tokens since icehouse upgrade

Craig Jellick cjellick at godaddy.com
Tue Sep 30 23:42:01 UTC 2014

Hi,

Since upgrading to Icehouse, we've observed some random and unpredictable cases where keystone fails to respond to requests for new tokens (POST /v2.0/tokens). Our clients timeout at 1 minute, so we don't know if it isn't responding at all or if it would eventually return. A restart of keystone solves the problem.

Has anyone else seen anything similar?

We are currently putting some debugging measures in place to get to the bottom of the issue, but we just wanted to check if anyone else is experiencing this.

/Craig J