[Openstack-operators] Renaming a compute node

Simon Pasquier spasquier at mirantis.com
Thu Sep 25 15:34:34 UTC 2014

Hi,

You can set the 'host', 'console_host' and 'console_public_hostname'
parameters in your nova.conf file to override the default value (which is
hostname). If you do that, you'll have to delete manually the old entries
from the db though.
At some point [1], Nova switched to use FQDN for service names but this has
been reverted [2]. I think that the same happened for Neutron too.

Simon

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1151012
[2]
https://github.com/openstack/nova/commit/c8b240d74e9d050eb8770095e22174d1653be8f3