[Openstack-operators] Renaming a compute node

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Thu Sep 25 07:01:19 UTC 2014

How about nova rename ? You'll need to do some work to get the VM hostname etc. changed though as I don't think cloud init will do all of this for you.

$ nova help rename
usage: nova rename <server> <name>

Rename a server.

Positional arguments:
  <server>  Name (old name) or ID of server.
  <name>    New name for the server.

Tim