[Openstack-operators] limit num instance-type per host

Belmiro Moreira moreira.belmiro.email.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 19:18:50 UTC 2014

Hi,
one possible solution to "mitigate" this problem is to stacking instances
instead of spreading them.
This means that the scheduler will select the compute "most used",
maximizing in this way the space for large instances.
For that you need to set "ram_weight_multiplier" option with a negative
number. And depending in the size of your infrastructure do some tuning
with "scheduler_host_subset_size".

cheers,
Belmiro