[Openstack-operators] Openstack and mysql galera with haproxy

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Thu Sep 18 20:03:02 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Sławek Kapłoński's message of 2014-09-18 12:34:53 -0700:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks all of You guys for help. I will try to apply that percona's scripts
> and configure it in active/pasive mode.
> About "mysql has gone away" I thought so it is not big problem but it looks
> "ugly" in logs
> Simon - I think that it is not related strictly to neutron and similar
> problems can happend also in nova.
>
> I have one more question to You guys. I know that there is mysql cluster
> solution based on galera which is made by percona. Is it really better that
> "pure" mysql-wsrep and galera installed or maybe it doesn't matter?

One big reason it might be "better" is that Percona is quite good at
supporting it. It also has direct support for more efficient re-syncing
by using xtrabackup instead of the rather cumbersome "SST". But I could
be mistaken, and pure mysql-wsrep might also have that.