[Openstack-operators] [swift] How to encrypt account/container/object data that travels through storage nodes?

Gui Maluf guimalufb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 18:16:22 UTC 2014

I've a globally distributed swift infrastructure with many nodes in
different zones across the my whole country. In order to replicate a/c/o,
data travels through Internet so replicas goes to it place.

Replicas are copied between storage nodes and swift presume all storage
nodes are running in a secure network. Taking any scenario of a Globally
Distributed OpenStack Swift Cluster
<https://swiftstack.com/blog/2012/09/16/globally-distributed-openstack-swift-cluster/>,
how could nodes replicates through Regions, or even between zones, using
VPN, SSL or any secure/encrypted way?

Anyway I need help to figure out one good method to secure replicated data
between storage nodes.

thanks
--
*guilherme* \n