[Openstack-operators] Questions about waitlisting/queuing provisioning requests due to capacity

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Mon Sep 15 17:25:07 UTC 2014

There were some studies done by INFN into how this could work.  See http://indico.cern.ch/event/272791/session/0/contribution/6/material/slides/1.pdf for a description. Two approaches, with a modified scheduler or potentially a blazar lease type.

This is a particular challenge in the research and HPC private clouds where high levels of utilisation are very typical.

Tim