[Openstack-operators] Grizzly: live-migration with attached volume?

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Fri Sep 12 18:31:51 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 1:44 PM, Stephen Cousins
<steve.cousins at maine.edu> wrote:

> Does anyone live-migrate VM's successfully when volumes are attached?

My setup is significantly different so probably not terribly helpful,
but to answer the question I did do live migrations with Volumes
attached on my Grizzly cloud (since upgraded to Icehouse).  We don't
have shared storage for the ephemeral disks and our Volumes are iSCSI
attached (from an equallogic san), so something like:

nova live-migration --block-migrate <server> [<host>]

I wouldn't say it was 100% but the volume piece wasn't a problem. Well
once I figured out in my case I needed to flip some bits on the SAN
side to allow multiple logins to the same target as source and
destination are both connected during a migration, but I wouldn't
expect that to be an issue with NFS

-Jon